Health Genetics https:/familyhistory.hhs.gov/fhh-web/home.action
Use this or make your own family tree to discover within your own family health issues that are directly
related to diet and nutrition. Include a TWO paragraph summary of what you learned, h
1. Provides 4 kilocalories per gram Neither
2. Regulates the chemical reactions that allow individuals to obtain
energy from carbohydrates, fat and protein Both
3.Organic compounds essential for normal functioning, growth, and
maintenance of the body Both
All due dates are listed - Assignments will be deducted 50% for late work within one week. After one
week a 0 will be given. You may work ahead to be sure to get the assignments completed on time.
Unit 1 Introduction and
1. How do eating habits learned in childhood affect eating habits during
Well the eating habits that you learn and do as a child will likely follow you
through out your childhood and into adulthood. Habits are hard to break so it
is important t
Unit 3 Worksheet (chapter 16)
1. Which factors are associated with an increased risk for iron deficiency during
Young age, multiple sequential pregnancies, twin or triplet pregnancy, diets
low in meat, diets high in coffee and tea, low socioeco
1. Organism_Anisakis_ Disease_Anisakiasis_
Jan went to the Sushi bar and had a great time with friends. She consumed raw
fish that was ordered and found it was a really fun experience. It was not so
much fun the next morning when she had terrible stomach
Calculate your RDA for protein to compare that to the
listed RDA for your age group, note if there is a
difference and explain the difference?
77.1107* .8 = 61.68 grams
The RDA the average women from 19-24 yrs of age is
46 grams of protein, because I w
1. What is the term for all chemical reactions within organisms that enable
them to maintain life?
2. What is the name for the powerhouses of cells?
3. What is the fundamental energy molecule used to power cellular
1. How is glucose used by the body for energy and why is glucose so important
to regulate in my diet now that I am a diabetic?
Glucose is the sugars and the starches in carbohydrates that are stomach
digests from food that we eat. After the food is digest
Malnutrition has been a problem for a very long time in different parts of our
world. There are many factors that can cause malnutrion and not everyone suffers from it.
Poverty, population growth, urbanization, wars, floods, and sanctions can cause
1. Explain if nutrition in a can an effective way to help a person lose
Although meal replacement drinks can be an effective way to help a person
loose weight, these drinks arent meant to be consumed for an extended
period of time. If you do decid
Bobbi has aged a lot since we started this nutrition class!
Today older people represent the fastest-growing segment of
the U.S. population. The size of the population of people 65
years old and older is expected to double between 2000
1. When cancer cells kill themselves when something is wrong is
2. The body makes 100 billion new cells per day.
3. Deformed cells that replicate faster and make copies of self that
are defective is called a neoplasm.
4. A neoplasm is an
Nutrition Chapter 1 Worksheet
Important Math Calculations
_g. fat X 9 = _ kcalories from fat divided by total kcalories= _% kacl from fat
_g. carbohydrates X 4 = _ kcalories from CHO divided by total kcalories= _% kacl from CHO
_g. protein X 4 = _ kcalori