Micro 302 Spring 08 Paper Discussion #3 Necrotrophic Growth of Legionella pneumophila Due February 22th at 10AM Part I Paper Discussion
Name: Melika Budimlic
Directions: Please read "Necrotrophic Growth of Legionella pneumophila" (Temmerman et al.
Lab 12 Human Disease by Organ System: Digestive
1. How do home canning conditions favor botulinum spore formation and growth?
2. How is the botulism toxin used in the cosmetic industry?
Botulism toxin is used as Botox injections to pre
Lab 9 Human Disease by System: Muscular and Skeletal
1. Clostridial gas gangrene can result in systemic shock. What does this mean, and how
does is lead to death?
The definition of gangrene means that death has occurred to tissues in the body sy
Lab 10 Human Disease by System: Nervous
1. How does the poliovirus capsid contribute to the viruss mode of infection?
Poliovirus can spread by contact with infected hosts via fecal-oral route. The protein
capsid allows the poliovirus to infect c
Lab 8 Human Disease by System: Integumentary
1. How does the stratum corneum differ from other layer of the epidermis?
The epidermis, is a thin layer and consists of epithelial cells. The stratum corneum is the
outermost layer of the epidermis,
Lab 7 Special Techniques
1. Campylobacter is a microaerophilic bacterial genus which can inhabit the human gut. It is a
major cause for many food-borne illnesses around the globe, causing symptoms such as
diarrhea, bloody stools, fever, dysenter
Lab 11 Human Disease by Organ System: Circulatory and
1. What areas of the U.S. are more prone to tick-borne diseases?
Diseases are most prevalent in the northeastern United States, but can be found in north-central and
!"#$%#&'( )*+,-$+.)&)( /+01$'1( -&+%21%+1$)+3)4+
%-+5-&.%)$6+171"%1( -&+'&+"-"#51( -&
Lectures 12 Gene Transfer
1. Genetic material can be passed from cell to cell vertically (from parent to offspring) or horizontally
(from one cell to anoth
Micro 302 Spring 08 Paper Discussion #4 RovA is a global regulator of Y. pestis Due March 12th at 10AM Name:_ Directions: Please read "RovA, a global regulator of Yersinia pestis, specifically required for bubonic plague" (Cathelyn, J. et al. PNAS 13
Synonyms and related keywords: trier, to sort, triage in emergency departments, ED triage,
trauma triage, disaster triage, triage in the Emergency Department (ED), triage categories,
medical screening examination (MSE), tel