Iowa State University
Fall 2014 DRAFT
BIOL 255L, Fundamentals of Human Anatomy Laboratory
219, 223, or 228 Science II (see schedule below)
Barbara Krumhardt, Ph.D., Karri Haen, Ph.D., Mary Basil Madsen Teaching La
By Manmeet Hill
(modified with permission by Gaby Palacios)
NOTE: You are responsible of knowing all the cat muscles
assigned in the objectives, independently of whether they
are shown in this powerpoint presentation or not.
Manmeet Gill Fa
Week 5 - The Appendicular Skeleton
When you are prepared for minitest 5 you will be able to:
1. Identify appendicular skeleton bone names (Figures 7.1, 7.6, and 7.12).
2. Identify features appendicular skeleton bones and their basic functions (
Week 3 Tissues and Skin
When you are prepared for minitest 3 you will be able to:
1. Identify epithelial tissue types, their features, and their basic functions using
slides (Figures 4.1-4.9).
2. Identify connective tissue types, their features
Weeks 6 and 7 - Anatomy of the Muscular System and the Neuromuscular Junction
Minitest 5 ( onset of Week 6)
When you are prepared to take Minitest 6 you will be able to:
Identify components of a myofiber (Figure 8.
Week 2 - Microscopes, Cells, and Mitosis
When you are prepared to take minitest 2, you will be able to:
1. Identify parts of a microscope (figure 3.1) and their functions (complete the table
2. Identify the correct procedures for using