2.18 Latin Souvenirs
1. The PUGLIST was facing the biggest FIGHT ever known to man.
2. The Aesops FABLE I was reading last night turned out to be an amazing story.
3. My teacher marked me ABSET today because I was AWAY FROM the room when she
2.15 Present System Review
Type your translation below each sentence. Please review Lesson 2.05 for the GENITIVE case and
Lesson 2.06 for the DATIVE case.
1. Poetae pecuniam dabo.
I will give the poet money.
2. Reginae fabulam nuntiabamus.
We reported the
Type your translation in the space under each sentence. Remember that you may use the course
dictionary by going to Lessons and clicking on Appendix.
1. Romani (the Romans, nom., pl) ad provincias navigant.
The Romans sail to the provinces
2.06 Dative Case
Translate the following sentences, some of which contain DATIVE nouns.
Remember, give, show, offer, display or tell verbs indicate that a dative noun (to/for noun) is likely present.
1. Nauta ad Galliam navigat.
The sailor sails to Gallia
1.16 Forum Romanum
Directions: Type your translation in the space under each sentence. Remember that you can use the
course dictionary by going to Lessons and clicking on appendix.
1. Fama Fori (of the Forum) est magna (great).
The fame of t
1.15 Forum Webquest
Gather information for the Forum project that you will be creating in the
Use these web sites listed ab
1.14 Viae Romanae
Directions: Type or write your translation in the space under each sentence. Remember that you
may use the course dictionary by going to Lessons and clicking on appendix.
In Italia, sunt (there are) multae (many) viae.
In Italy the
1.12 Verb Tools, SUM
Translate the following into Latin. Watch the noun endings. The subject must agree with the verb
1. I am a farmer. Sum Agricola.
2. We are poets. Sumus poetae.
3. The water is in the sea (in the sea = in mari).
Aqua in mari
1.07 Tool Box Terms
I. Answer the questions below.
Agricola puellam amat.
The farmer loves the girl.
1. What Latin ending in the sentence above represents the SUBJECT?
Puella agricolam amat.
The girl loves the farmer.
2. What Latin ending in the sentenc
Use information from the lesson to answer the following questions. Submit the completed task to 1.06
1. Many Latin words closely resemble English words that you already know. Can you guess what the
following words mean? Examp