1. 0.6g pure CaCO3 (for standardization)
2. Limestone sample (for determination) (sample #:
* go to store, get another 500 volumetric flask.
Preparation and standardization of EDTA solution
1. Weigh 3.6g disodium salt of EDTA
In this experiment, back titrations and gravimetric analysis were performed and were analyzed
for discrepancies between the methods. The data for back titration were as follows:
N of AgNO3: 0.0965714958
Volume of AgNO3 (50ml)
Volume of KSCN (ml)
Experiment 11A: week 1
1. Dry 2g pure sodium oxalate, sample impure CaCO3 (sample key:
2. Get 1L KMnO4 solution from shelves (store this until next week).
3. Dissolution of steel sample (replicate?)
a. Get steel sample (sample key:
). Weigh 0.3g to 250
Experiment 11B: week 2
1. Preparation of calibration curve
a. 5 x 100mL volumetric flasks (from stores)
b. Transfer 25mL 0.1N MnO4 (standardized solution from last week) to 500mL
volumetric flask. Dilute. Shake.
c. Add 1,2,4,6,8 ml of diluted MnO4 to 100m
Experiment 10: week 2
1. Standardize pH meter. (prepare a beaker with tap water to immerse the unused electrodes)
Model 805/915 standardization
a. Electrodes in buffer. Open bayonet sleeve (on reference electrode). Stir.
b. Press Two point Cal. (pH value
Experiment 10: week 1
1. Open locker. Get samples from TA.
Password: turn right at least 3x stop at 19. Turn left 2 complete turns. Stop at 8. Turn right 1
complete turn. Stop at 14. Turn left to open.
2. 4 weighing bottles: impure soda ash, impure KHP, 2