Intellectual property is anything that has value but doesn't exist physically.
national and international scale: to guarantee consistency and fairness between
gets its value from being able to exclude
(a) a mark that is used by a person for the purpose of distinguishing or so as to
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Introduction to Civil Code Quebec!
Distinction between common and civil law:!
- Common law (also known as case law or precedent) is law developed by judges,
courts, and similar tribunals, stated in decisions that nominally dec
LAW OF PROPERTY AND OWNERSHIP
What are property and ownership?
A person, alone or with others, may hold a right of
ownership or other real right in property, or have
possession of the property.
A person also may hold or administer the property of othe
Thursday, September 17, 2015
The Law of Contracts and Obligation
Overview of the law of contractual obligations:
- Art. 1377 C.C.Q.
What does it take to have a contract?
- VALID contract contains: Capacity, Consent, Cause, and Object. (Art. 1385)
Thursday, October 1, 2015
- 1962: Silent Spring, Rachel Carson
- 1970: US Environmental Protection Agency is founded
- 1971: Greenpeace anti-nuclear test
- 1972: first Quebec Environment Quality Act
- 1978: Love C
Thursday, September 24, 2015
- A category of intangible rights protecting commercially valuable products of the
- A commercially valuable product of the human intellect, in a concrete or abstra
Employee related legislation