Chapter 7 Quiz
1. Whats the relationship between the available video, how we write the story, and how we
edit the story?
The available video sets the tone for what will be spoken on the news. Therefore, after a package
of videos i
1. Discuss the elements of a radio wrap.
A wrap includes the anchor lead and a voiced report from the reporter along with an actuality
(sound bite). A wrap is the equivalent of a new package in television.
2. Discuss the importance of capturing and using
Ch. 2 Quiz
1. What does it mean to be the gatekeeper?
Gatekeeping means you must decide which stories are the most important because you
will be given hundreds more than you need every day. Then you must narrow down
CH 14 Quiz
1. Discuss some ways writing for the Web differs from writing for broadcast.
The main way writing for the Web differs from broadcast is that its more formal and less
conversational. Conversational writing isnt as important, and