ISA/STAT 365 Homework 3 |100 points
1. An industrial engineer employed by a beverage bottler is interested in the effects of two different
types of 32-ounce bottles on the time to deliver 12-bottle cases of the product. The two bottle types
are glass and
ISA 365 Homework 6
1. In your own words explain why we sometimes run experiments in blocks. Be specific.
Because we need to remove some factors we dont want it in the experiments, so if we run
the experiments in blocks, we can remove some variations which
ISA 365 Homework 7
The following questions deal with the Dont Lose Patients article.
1. What is TOC? (use google if you need) What are the five basic tenets that proved useful in this
TOC means a combination of learn Six Sigma and the theory of con
1. y1 is an attribute critical to quality variable and is the count of the number of non conforming products out of 100 samp
A. Create a p-chart for this data and determine if the process is in control with this sampling scheme.
B. Verify (by hand) the ca
ISA 365 Homework 5
1. An experiment was performed to investigate the surface finish of a metal part. The experiment is a
23 factorial design in the factors: feed rate (A), depth of cut (B), and tool angle (C). The experiment
had 2 replicates. The data for
ISA 365 Homework 1
1. Find an example of an observational study and an example of a designed experiment. State
whether the observational study is retrospective or prospective. Identify the treatments in the
experimental design. Include the hyperlink or a
1. Answer the following questions for Y1 assuming LSL = 95 and USL = 125.
A. Create an x-bar and R chart and eliminate any assignable causes until the chart is in control (use a subgroup s
B. Utilize the resulting control chart to calculate and interpret
ISA 365 Homework 3
1. In your own words explain what the power of a hypothesis test is, why higher power is better, and
the two things that can be done to increase power.
When the H is false, when we know that it is the truth, we need to calcu
ISA 365 Homework 4
1. For this question use the file substrate.jmp
a. Change the operator and substrate variables to a type of nominal. For this experiment these
two variables are both factors. How many levels does each factor have?
ISA / STA 365 Homework 9 (Problems From The Book, Data Is Posted With This Assignment)
1. Problem 5.14.
No, the pattern does not appear random in the control chart. Because the last four
points in the control chart are all below the Center line and they a
(75 pts )
1. (12pts) For each of the statements below, determine whether they are true (T) or false (F). If
false, provide a short counter-argument, if true, just state true. You DO NOT need a
calculator to answer these question
A product has ten independent quality specifications. If any one of them is violated, the product is considered defe
If the probability of each specification being met is 0.95, what is the probability a product is not defective?
If a typical consumer b