FINAL Spring 2007
Seat # _
Row Letter _
1. Heat :
is the same as temperature
refers to intensity of hotness
is a form of energy
always flows from cold to hot
none of the above are true
2. If th
AER 118 Final Exam Study Guide 2
3 Type of Stability:
*Green line should be DALR!
-Upward movement of air:
2. Frontal wedging
-For clouds to from you must have:
AER 118 Final Exam Study Guide 1
1.Heat is energy transferred from one body to another by thermal interactions. Heat goes
from a high to low temperature.
2. Heating degree-days are units that are use to determine how much energy it will take t
~ FINAL EXAM REVIEW ~
Engineering standards + building techniques
Cant be built too right, needs leaks
Who is responsible for my safety/well-being?
Agency responsible for weather information
National Weather Service (NWS)
2 types of satellites
1-40/1-7 Questions Exam 3
1) Tornado watch: The atmospheric condition is prime for the weather event to form and
Downdraft makes heavy rain in a mature stage of a developing thunderstorm and light
right in a dissipating
Study Guide Exam 3
Squall Line thunderstorms
-A Narrow band of storms
-Develop in the warm sectors of a mid-latitude cyclone
-Form along the dry line
-Usually 70 miles ahead of the cold front
-Most have strong divergence
1. In order for measurable precipitation to fall the clouds must be at least 4 to 5 thousand
2. What must the clouds contain in order for the Bergeron process to take place?
a. All wat
1. The normal high temperature for the month of Sept. is 75 degree for the Oxford area.
This data would be referred to as.
2. Identify the following area in the diagram.