Editing Challenge 2
Marcella Richardson <[email protected]>
Susan M. Wang <[email protected]>
Your Request for Information on New Sweeteners
Here is a summary of the investigation you assigned
Martin Fitzgerald, Manager
November 4, 201x
Suggestions for Telecommuting Successfully
To help you become an effective telecommuter, Jessica, we have a few suggestions to share with
you. I understand
Assignments for Chapter Four:
Carefully read the questions below. They may be slightly different from what you
see in your textbook.
Complete your assignments neatly with correct spelling, punctuation, and
usage of words.
Submit this assignment to the ass
16) We cannot complete the construction now because building costs have jumped at a
17) In the normal course of events, we would seek additional funding; however, because rates
have increased, we cannot.
18) Seldom has it
Hanna Nichols (Howe)
#6 Typical components when writing e-mails or memos include: the subject line, opening, body,
and the closing.
#7 Most writers reveal the main idea immediately so they can inform their readers what they
will be reading. It will
Because of your excellent researching skills, the president and the undersigned have selected
you to work on a special project collecting information for next years annual report. You will
need to visit every depart
Exam II (Chapters 5-8) Study Guide
Advantages of Email (know the bullets and info in this section)
Guidelines for Preparing Email Messages
Examples of Effective Subject Lines (know the bullets and info in this section)
6) Determining whether a letter, memo, or email is appropriate isnt too difficult if you know
which ones are for what incident. Writing a letter is a vital external channel, just on paper.
Memos are important with an organization. E-
Communication Skills Assessment:
1) Posses basic spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills. 5
2) Am familiar with proper email, memo, letter, and report formats for business
3) Can analyze a writing problem and quickly outline
What are the four parts of successful persuasive messages? The four parts of a successful
persuasive message include: gaining attention, building interest, reducing resistance, and
motivating action. In order for you to achieve yo
When running a business, the best is to maintain professionalism. If you want others to keep
coming back and respecting you, then you need to act the way you would want others to treat
you. Firing people through email or online f
1) Basically what this message is saying is that this customer is very upset with the service
at the Colorado Springs airport. They were charged for a GPS when they shouldnt of
been and they were trying to get a refund but nobody ans
23) run on
24) comma splice
25) run on
36) The manager bought office supplies with the company credit card.
37) Social Security numb
1) Before you start writing, think about your audience. How will they view your message
and should they need to take action after? High
2) Also, before writing, conduct research! Look for information through books and online.
Be careful online and
The Three Basic Purposes of
Business setting inform and persuade most common
What are examples of each?
INTERVIEWING FOR A JOB
Remember: You get to choose the company; they dont just choose you!
Your resume gets you the interview your interview gets you the job
Its NOT all
Interpersonal Intelligence ability to read, empathize with, and understand others.
Can be improved through understanding
Guffey/Loewy, Essentials of Business Communication, 9e Pretest O
_ GRAMMAR/MECHANICS DIAGNOSTIC PRETEST
Guffey/Loewy, Essentials of Business Communication, 9e Name Pranav Nagrecha
This diagnostic pretest is intended to reveal your strengths an
1. The manager's guest ordered a Coke and a Caesar salad for lunch. [Capitalize the first word in
a sentence, trademarked items, and proper adjectives.]
2. During my orientation I learned that our Human Resources Department handled all personnel
In what ways to communication skills act as a career filter? Well, having
good communication skills is definitely a major role in the work area
itself. If you walk into a job interview, well dressed and with with high
Week 3 assignment
When preparing for a business presentation, there a four goals that must be met.
First, is being purposeful. This meaning you will need to provide useful
information to your audience and even be prepared to solve any problems if
#8) The writing process has three simple steps; prewriting, writing, and revising. Some people
dont like to follow the rules, but for beginners and to write an effective paper, using the process
in order is better and helps you stay organized. If y
Page 203 7.5
Ms. Olivia Hernandez
3592 Marine Creek Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76179
Dear Ms. Hernandez,
We regret to inform you that we are unable to contribute to the CASA program at
Times are currently very hard for our bus