1. A customer-centric company builds long-lasting relationships by focusing on what
satisfies and retains valuable customers. Discuss how Petco follows this customer-centric
Petco uses customers to attract customers. Many businesses screen, wh
BMGT350-0601 T/TH 2pm
Harmonix Case Study
1. I believe Harmonix was operating under a Production marketing management
philosophy early on. They believed that if they made a product, which had never been
created, people would flock to it
1. Which of the five methods for entering foreign markets did P&G and Unilever use for
reaching the $2-a-day consumer, and how did they do so?
Realizing that its future success lies in the developing world, has concluded that it must
compete at the lower
1. Which pricing objective was LivingSocial adopting with its Amazon gift card offer?
I believe that they were using the Sales-Oriented Pricing Objective. The goal of this
seems to be to maximize sales-by offer a discount- but the true purpose is in fact
Case Study Pantone: This Years Color: Honeysuckle
1. Pantones color-management systems were designed in a business environment and are
primarily employed by businesses and entrepreneurs seeking to standardize colors across various
1. What Does Ron Popeil bring to personal selling that makes him so effective?
Ron Popeil is a flat-out good salesman. He almost seemed born to be in sales. Popeil always
knew and believed in the product that he was selling. This is key in order to be suc
1. Are the Black Friday deals discussed here examples of seasonal discounts? Why or why
Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is considered one of the biggest shopping days
of the year. It marks the start of the holiday season and most stores sta
1. Discuss environmental factors related to population that are changing the way certain people
approach car buying and are thus creating new market segments.
GenXers share new cultural concerns. They care about the environment and respond favorably to
1. Which stages of the consumer decision-making process are affected most by comparison
shopping on mobile platforms? Explain.
I feel that the evaluation of alternatives is most affected. Consumers no longer need to
leave brick-and-motor stores and spend
What is the communication process for viral marketing? Is it different from conventional
marketing? How so?
It relies on the passing of the message in order for it to be successful. It makes it intriguing and
easy to keep the message going from person to
1.Describe the specific type of consumer that the Coca-Cola Company is targeting with each of
the following products: Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke Plus, Coca-Cola Blak, and Full
Throttle Blue Demon. What types of demographic segmentation is each produc
1. Are problem solving and decision making really important?
Actually problem solving requires being able to look at situations or data and evaluating just
what is going on, who is involved or simply interpreting data. Problem solving skills require
You are the president of a dot.com company that has been having financial problems for a few
years. As a result, your top two managers left for other jobs, one four months ago and the other
two months ago. With your networking contracts, you replaced both
1. Discuss the role of the leadership and how it can impact organizational performance.
The role of a leader deals with the vision, strategy and people. There is more to being a
leader besides the prestige and financial reward. A leader can make or break
1. Which of the five reasons for resisting change do you believe is the most common? Why
do you think its so common?
I believe uncertainty is the most common. When people feel uncertain, they lose confidence and
become irritable or withdrawn, making them
Marketing 17099, Deanna Stevens
28 October 2012
Name of Organization
The name of the organization is Playbox 1080, and the company specializes in
Unit 8 Assignment
After completing the assessment on page 7, I felt that some of my strong management traits were
my ability to get along with others, and my ability to communicate. I scored marginally high on
1. Why is damage control important?
Damage control is primarily about minimizing the negative perception caused by a crisissituation. A crisis is sometimes the result of an unexpected event. It might also be about
something that the public relations depar
1. Why do you think having the Mission Control Center central to the marketing department
is important to Gatorade?
Its important because having informationwhich is essentially having poweris
important. They can monitor their brand, and in real time. They
1. Briefly describe the situation.
I held a customer service job around ten years ago. It was low pay, mind-numbing, and
mostly consisted of me interacting with non-interested, potential customers. I would say
hello, and they would say no, kind of stuff.
What is motivation, and why is it important to know how to motivate employees?
A simple definition of motivation is the ability to change behavior. It is a drive that compels one
to act because human behavior is directed toward some goal. Motivation is in
What do you think of Burger Kings advertising tactics? Is it OK to attract new customers while
alienating others? Is Burger Kings advertising ethical? Explain.
I believe that Burger Kings advertising tactics may have been taken to far by taking their
1. What are the big five personality dimensions?
Extraversion (sometimes called Surgency). The broad dimension of Extraversion
encompasses such more specific traits as talkative, energetic, and assertive.
Agreeableness. Includes traits like sympathetic, k
1. Was sending the memo a wise political move? What might Petersburg have gained or lost
by sending it?
Petersburg is making his next move known, (going to the VP, ECT) and in doing so,
he loses his element of surprise; others could now develop refutes to
Below are 6 statements made by employees who have been asked to make a change on
the job. Identify which source is causing the resistance to change in Exhibit 6-4 on page
207. Also discuss how to overcome that resistance as the manager. (100 words for eac
Marketing Plan MKT 421: Marketing 27 November 2006
Marketing Plan Executive Summary Organizational Overview Name of Organization The name of the organization is Playbox 1080, and the company specializes in home entertainmen