October 22, 2014
2. What are the three main features of the telephone system and what are they responsible for?
The Central Office:
The Central Office holds equipment to operate the telephone network. The most
important piece of equi
September 18, 2014
1. List the advantages and disadvantages of different cable types in the table below.
Low cost and ease of
installation when compared to
other guided media.
Connectors for UTP also tend
November 27, 2014
a. Name four protocols that depend on IP directly.
c. What is the dotted decimal address for the following binary address:
10100011 11001011 00001010 10010001
The address wi
September 30, 2014
1. Define the following terms using your own words and complete sentences. Don't just write
b) odd parity: It is a condition when a bit is added to a string of data bits that will add up to a
sum of bits
November 12, 2014
1. Define the following terms in your own words using complete sentences:
A bridge is a data communication device that connects two or more
network segments and forwards packets between them.
September 12, 2014
1. Explain the difference between 'analog' and 'digital' using your own example.
analog : is the process of taking an audio or video signal and translating it into electronic pulses.
An old telephone line.
September 24, 2014
1. Using complete sentences written in your own words, explain the meaning of the
a) Mark: It is a code term that means the binary digit is one.
b) Bit time: It is the duration of time a bit lasts on a tra
October 16, 2014
1. Define the following terms using your own words and complete sentences. Don't
just write the acronym.
The number of packets or frame that allows the user to send as the transmitters
It is a
November 21, 2014
2. Define the following concepts in your own words using complete sentences:
b. Jam Function: Is a feature of Ethernet when a collision is detected by the Ethernet
card by sending out a higher voltage than usual in o
October 22, 2014
1. Compare and contrast FDM with TDM.
Frequency Division Multiplexing.
Spectrum is divided into frequency.
It is used in first generation analog system.
Time Division Multiplexing.
Spectrum is divided into time
December 2, 2014
1. Sketch a TCP header and label the fields within it. Show the number of bits in each field:
Source port 16 bits distention port 16 bits
Sequence number of first octet in this segment 32 bits
Acknowledgment number 32
November 7, 2014
1. What advantages does Frame Relay have over HDLC and LAP-B?
a) It always uses 7 bit sequence numbers.
b) It operates at Layer 2 only.
c) It will always use a 16 bit frame check sequence.
d) There is a small probabi
HW 4 Name: Rahat Meraj
This homework assignment covers chapters 19, 22, 23 and 29 of your text.
Complete only the problems assigned.
Chapter 19 *
1. What technology allows an organization using the Internet to keep communications
2. What is meant
7 February 2017
WORLD HEADQUARTERS, KANSAS CITY, UNITED STATES
KANSAS CITY, MO
2800 Rockcreek Parkway
North Kansas City, MO 64117
After researching abo
Running head: AN EXPLORATION OF DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY
An Exploration of Digital Photography
Michael D. Isbill
Fort Hays State University
AN EXPLORATION OF DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY
Digital photography is a common form of media expression available to
5- What does the term network effects mean?
Network effects mean the value of membership in a network is enhanced by an
increase in the number of other members or in the other members usage of the
network. An example is an internet marketplace such as eBa
TCP and UDP Port Numbers
This document lists real important TCP/UDP port numbers related to voice QoS.
TCP or UDP
TCP TCP TCP TCP UDP TCP UDP TCP UDP TCP UDP
2000 to 2002 11000 to 11999 1720 1719 1719 8001-8002 2427 2428 5060 5060 1638
Cisco Networking Academy Program IP Telephone v1.0
NOTE: The Course Glossary for IP Telephony v1.0 highlights and defines key terms and acronyms used throughout this course. Many of these terms are also described in the Cisco Internetworki