1.How does the European Lowland differ north and south of the
Rhine River? Why is this?
- The north lowland is far less fertile for agriculture than the south
lowland due to moraines left on the plains of the north. Glacial
meltwater created infertile out
1. Compare the climate, vegetation, and agricultural conditions
of Russia's European west with those of Siberia and the Russian
- Russias European West has bad quality soil, colder temperatures, and
has forests and grasslands. Siberia has more o
1. How does the physiography of the Huang He River valley
differ from that of the valley of the Yangtze?
- Yangtze River is the largest river in China and the third largest in the
world. Beginning at the Qinghai Province, it crosses from west to the East
1. Why is this region called Latin America?
- Because French Geographers wanted to distinguish the Spanishand Portuguese-speaking countries of the region from the Englishspeaking ones
2. Discuss the different environmental problems facing Mexico
1. Why do Southwest Asia and North Africa form a useful world
region? What are some of the problems associated with defining
- They form a useful world region because its a region that is considered a
culture hearth, which means they have witn