1. When assessing whispered pectoriloquy, the nurse should instruct a client to do which
of the following?
A) Softly repeat the words one-two-three.
B) Say the number ninety-nine.
C) Cough each time the stethoscope is moved.
D) Say the letter e until inst
1. The nurse is reviewing a client's electronic health record before assessing her mouth.
Which of the following diagnoses would the nurse recognize as an indication for
immediate medical follow-up?
D) Canker sore
1. A client tells the clinic nurse that she has sought care because she has been experiencing
excessive tearing of her eyes. Which assessment should the nurse next perform?
A) Inspect the palpebral conjunctiva.
B) Assess the nasolacrimal sac.
C) Perform t
1. The nurse is assessing a fair-skinned, Caucasian woman with red hair and freckled skin.
During health promotion, the nurse should focus education on which of the following
A) Management of dry skin
B) Susceptibility to bruising
C) Risks of fung
1. When assessing the client's ear, which finding should the nurse identify as indicating a
need for further assessment and possible treatment?
A) Darwin tubercle
B) Red, flaky cerumen
C) Tender tragus
D) Pearly gray tympanic membrane
2. A client asks why
1. A nurse is completing the intake assessment of an older adult who has just relocated to a
long-term care facility. Which of the following nursing actions would be most important
to ensure accurate data when gathering the resident's information?
1. A nurse has completed the general survey of a client who has been transferred to the
unit. The information gathered during the general survey primarily provides the nurse
with which of the following? Select all that apply.
A) An indication of the level
1. The nurse is interviewing a female Hispanic client who is scheduled for a cardiovascular
education program. The client states, I can't eat and I don't sleep because my daughter
left to return to Mexico. I am sad and nervous. I need rest. The nurse susp
1. The nurse is preparing to assess the remote memory of a client who has a diagnosis of
early stage Alzheimer's disease. Which question would be most appropriate for the
nurse to use?
A) Can you tell me what you have eaten in the last 24 hours?
B) When d
1. The nurse is assessing a client's psychosocial development in light of Freud's theory.
The nurse would interpret the client's status as the outcome of conflict between what
A) Cultural norms and personality traits
B) Biological desires and s
1. A client has presented to the clinic for the treatment of an ovarian cyst. Which of the
following would be most important for the nurse to do immediately before performing
this woman's physical exam?
A) Explain the purpose of the interview to the clien