Creative Dance for All Ages
Questions for Chapters 1 & 2
What does it mean to teach dance from a conceptual standpoint?
The instructor teaches the dancer that by changing just one concept their movement changes
greatly. This is g
Chapter 13 Text Questions
1. What are the three primary considerations of composition?
2. Name three functions a dance might serve.
3. Tell a story, showcase a particular skill, express an insight, entertain, arouse,
1. What is the definition of body intelligence?
The ability to coordinate pattern, skill, sensation and
2. Name a quality of human intelligence.
Organizing abstract ideas to apply to concrete situations.
3. Name a quality of a physicall
1. What motivates the creative act?
Curiosity, gain notoriety, solve problems. Or prompt question
2. How does psychologist Rollo May define creative courage?
Willingness to struggle to bring into existence new kinds of being that give
CHAPTER 8 QUESTIONS
1. Give an example of when you have used effort to express an inner impulse.
When I want to win a race I have an inner impulse to gain energy and run faster.
2. What five forces of physics affect movement? Define each.
Gravity: the for
1. How is pattern recognition used in dance?
A way to communicate both intentionally and unintentionally, consciously and
2. What are the four patterns of coordination as defined by Elizabeth Wetzig?
Thrust, Shape, Swing, and Ha
1. What are the six components of spatial design?
Level, shape, direction, dimension, perspective, and focus.
2. What are the four interpersonal spaces with which we all
structure our lives?
Intimate, Personal, Social, and Distant
3. When we dis
Running Head: MUSCLE CONTROL FORMULA
HHP 335 Exercise Phys I.
Muscle Control Formula Assignment on the Soccer Volley
Kicking a soccer ball, while it is in the air is called a volley. When shooting a