1. What is the difference between cement and concrete?
Cement is a part of concrete. Cement is a powder substance which, when
combined with water, hardens to become concrete.
2. List the conditions that must be met t
HW #3 Ch 5 Review Questions
1) Draw a series of very simple section drawings to illustrate the procedure simply
represent each plane of framing in your section drawings.
2) Draw from memory the standard detail sections for a two-
January 27, 2016
HW1 Making Buildings
1. What is sustainable building? Why is it important?
A sustainable building is a building to meet the needs of the present generation
without compromising the ability of future generations to me
1) How many syllables are in the word masonry?
2) What are the most common types of masonry units?
Bricks, stones and concrete.
3) What are the molding processes used in manufacturing bricks? How do they differ
1) What are the major types of stone used in construction? How do their properties differ?
Igneous Rock- deposited in molten state. Sedimentary rock- deposited by action
of water and wind. Metamorphic rock- formerly eithe