For a business to function properly it is important to have a system that consists of all the
important components. These components vary according to the size of the firm. For example
small firms have a low amount of system usage as compared to
Chapter 1 Review Questions
1. Redundancy wastes space because you are storing different types of data in the same place.
2. Redundancy makes changes more time-consuming since you must change the same information
in a number of places.
Chapter 6 Review Questions
1. What are the 3 major tasks for transforming a data model into
a database design?
a. Replacing entities and attributes with tables and columns.
b. Representing relationships and maximum cardinalities by placing foreign keys.
Review Questions 2, 4, 8, 12 and 14 located at the end of Chapter 3 in the textbook (page
2) What is the purpose of the WHERE clause in SQL? Which comparison operators can you
use in a WHERE clause?
Ans: The WHERE Claus
Database Management Review Questions 2
1. A(n) _ holds information about the relationships among various entities.
a. data file
2. Rows are also called _.
3. In relational alg