Unit Exam 1 Study Guide
Area to study:
1. Distinguish the different types of microbes in terms of their cellular structure, including
the types of jobs microbiologists may hold as they study them.
2. Compare the germ theory with that of spontane
Unit Exam 2 Study Guide
Area to Study:
1. Compare and contrast prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell types, describing typical sizes,
shapes, and arrangements of bacterial cells.
2. Describe the organelles and motility structures commonly found in euk
Microevolution: Potential Causes:
Deviations from the conditions for HW equilibrium
changes in gene pools
If the five conditions for the Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium are not met in a population, the
populations gene pool may change.
Biology 1407s16 Study Topics: Chpt 34 and 37Final Exam:
-Define: biosphere, ecosystem, ecology, ecological niche, habitat, species diversity
-What kind of ecosystem do we live in here in the high plains
-Define: species, population, community, biosphere,
Chpt 13 study questions, continued.
34) A woman struggling with a bacterial illness is prescribed a month's supply of a potent antibiotic. She takes
the antibiotic for about two weeks and feels much better. Should she save the remaining two-week supply, o
BIO 152 Study Guide
Topic: Water and Sugar Transport in Plants
Answer Key to Fill-in-the-blank Section
Plants lose water
90%; stomata; gases
Solute potential (or water potential); pull
Water potential, negative, pul
Bio 152 Sec 002 (Danley)
Exam 1 (80 points)
Regular Exam Group
All multiple choice questions are worth 2 points each. Questions are sorted by topic,
with points assigned based on the amount of coverage given during lecture. If you have
in the Heart
Ventilation in Birds
Blood Flow Through
Water and Salt
BIO 152 Study Guide Answer Key
Topic: Phospholipid Bilayers and Osmosis
Osmosis Topic Summary
What is the osmolality of the glucose solution accidentally given to the patient?
What it the osmolality of the saline solution normally given to pa
Exam 2. Vocalmg
All multiple choice questions are worth 2 points each. If you have a question regarding a test
question below, please raise your hand and I or another proctor will assist you.
Topic 4: Plant Nutrition
1. Mr. van Helmont’s experiment demons