1. The data link layer accepts messages from the network layer and controls the hardware that transmits
them. - TRUE
2. Most computer networks managed by a host mainframe computer use contention media access
control. - FALSE
1. An application architecture is the way in which the functions of the application layer are
performed solely by the clients in the network.
2. The four general functions of any application program are: data storage,
TSM 610-01 HW1
True/False Questions answers
1. Due to advances in high speed communication networks, the information lag, or the time it takes
for information to be disseminated around the world, has been significantly shortened.
1. Define analog, and then describe the conversion from analog to digital using a four step
method (sampling, measuring, quantizing and coding), and present a detailed diagram
like the one which in the slides. What is quantizing error and ho