1. What determines the functions and priorities of an organization?
A) The organization's mission statement
B) The organization's budget
C) Consumer satisfaction surveys
D) The organization's policy and procedure statements
The mission st
1. What statement is true regarding decision making?
A) It is an analysis of a situation
B) It is closely related to evaluation
C) It involves choosing between courses of action
D) It is dependent upon finding the cause of a problem
1. Which represents the management functions that are incorporated into the management
A) Planning, directing, organizing, staffing, and evaluating
B) Planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling
C) Organizing, planning, staffing, d
1. What concept is servant leadership based upon?
A) Trusting and valuing employees
B) Genuinely liking your colleagues
C) A laissez-faire style of leadership
D) A dynamic leadership charisma
These managers, termed servant leaders, put se
1. Which information is too much in flux to identify on an organizational chart?
A) Grapevine lines of communication
B) Line and staff authority
C) Span of control
D) Scalar chains
The grapevine lines of communication cannot be placed on
1. Which statement best describes functional nursing care delivery?
A) Nursing care is holistic and patient centered
B) The nurse must be a licensed person
C) Emphasis is on getting work done through tasks
D) It is also known as total patient care