Study Guide # 1 LSE 240 Spring 2012
1. How is law different from morality and ethics? Explain
Lows and morals are different but overlapping. Low provides sentences while morals are
2. What is a higher standard for behavior, the legal or the
1. When is a tort committed?
(1) A duty owed by one person to another.
(2) is breached
(3) Proximately causing
(4) Injury or damage to the owner of a legally protected interest.
2. When are businesses liable for the torts com
1. Are shareholders personally responsible for the debts and obligations of the
Generally, the shareholders have limited liability for the corporations debtstheir
liability does not extend beyond the am