Homework Chapter 11 for History 201
The Revolution of 1800
Federalist and Republican Mudslingers
1. What were some of the slurs cast on Thomas Jeffersons character
when he ran for president in 1800?
Federalists also launched attacks on Jefferson, saying t
Homework Chapter 13 for History 201
The corrupt bargain of 1824
The Corrupt Bargain of 1824
This section discusses Andrew Jacksons intense dislike of Henry Clay.
1. What did Jackson and his supporters think was the corrupt bargain?
When Clay was appointed
Homework Chapter 9 for History 201
Changing Political Sentiments
The Pursuit of Equality
1. Who founded the worlds first antislavery society?
In 1775, the Philadelphia Quakers founded the worlds first antislavery
2. What was the concept of civic
Homework Chapter 10 for History 201
Problems of the young Republic
1. What percentage of Americas population lived east of the
Americas population was still 90% rural, with 5% living west of the
The First Presiden
Homework Chapter 12 for History 201
Invasion of Canada, 1812
On to Canada Over Land and Lakes
1. Why did Canada become an important battleground in the War of 1812?
Canada became an important battleground in the War of 1812 because
British forces were wea