4-2) What is the peak output voltage in Fig. 4-36b if the diode is ideal? The average value?
The dc value? Sketch the output waveform:
Vp = -15 V 0.707 = -21.2 V
Vavg = = -6.7 V
Vdc = -6.7
4-6) If a tra
Lab Assignment: Full-Wave Rectifier
1. Watch video entitled Module 2 Full-Wave Rectifier Circuit in MultiSIM.
2. Work Example 4-8, pg. 110 with a 10:1 step-down transformer and a load resistance of 10
3. Construct a circuit in MultiSIM similar to F
2-2) What is the net charge of a silicon atom if it gains three valence electrons?
2-4) If a pure silicon crystal has 5000,000 holes inside it, how many free electrons does it
2-6) Classify each of the following as n-type or p-t
You have a circuit that continues to destroy a diode every time you connect a new one.
Discuss what quantities you would need to check on a diode data sheet.
One of the first things to look at in this situation is the breakdown voltage. This would be
Discuss the advantage of using a bridge rectifier in a power supply as opposed to using a
half-wave or full-wave rectifier. Why is the bridge rectifier more efficient than the others?
Unlike a half-wave or full-wave rectifier, a bridge rectifier uses all
Lab Assignment: Zener Regulator
1. Watch video entitled Module 3 Zener Regulator Circuit in MultiSIM
2. Work Example 5-9, pg. 154 with Vz = 6 V, Rs = 270ohms, Rz = 8.5ohms, a 10:1 step-down transformer
and a load resistance of 5kohms.
3. Construct a circu