1. How did the subject matter of Symbolist art diverge radically from Realism?
Answer-As opposed to impressionism in which the emphasis was on the reality of the created paint
surface itself with Symbolism it is both an a
1. The painting has very clean lines. It feels like the subject in the painting is sad because of the
shading of her face it seems to show stress or sadness. Maybe from traveling so much or
missing someone. Cubism is a st
August 1 2016
1. Explain the development of Cubism and the artistic movements that it spawned. Use examples
to support your essay.
Answer- The Cubist art movement began in Paris around 1907. Led by Pablo Picasso and Georges
August 19 2016
1. Postmodern art is a body of art movements that sought to contradict some aspects of
modernism or some aspects that emerged or developed in its aftermath. In general,
movements such as Intermedia, Installation art,
July 5 2016
1. Stylistic evidence- is the analysis of style. An artist signature manner of producing an object is
stylistic evidence. Art historians find stylistic evidence a useful tool for establishing chronology.
July 12 2016
1. The first painting depicts a man on his studio boat painting this is a scene where the artist refers
to himself. The impressionism in the painting is apparent. It is done en plein air which is a very
Artist: George Bellows
Title: New York
The New York appears to use many different shapes including vertical lines, large and
small shapes, dark colors and three-d
The Farm Security Administration (FSA), created in 1937 under the Department of
Agriculture, helped with rural rehabilitation, farm loans, and subsistence homestead programs.
Pop art came onto the scenes sometime during the 1950s. It brought a new dimension by
addressing real world issues by using ugly and blatantly oppositional works of art. Repetitiv
Changes in Art
How did the subject matter of Symbolist art diverge radically from Realism?
Realists believed that their emotions and sensations were important elements for interpreting the
world around them but they focused too much on buildings landscape
extended at an expected 3.4 percent annualized rate, and the cent
78. "The definite relations
over yet. Expenses moved by as much as $8.75 for each $1,000 face total in th
March proclamation. Today's announcement made particular reference to inflationary