Target point - point at which a negotiator would like to conclude negotiations.
Both parties to a negotiation should establish their starting, target and resistance points before
Bargaining range - spread between the resistance poin
Culture - refer to the shared values, beliefs and behaviors of a group of people.
International Negotiation: Art and Science
The science of negotiation provides research evidence to support broad trends that often, but not always,
occur during negotiation
Past experience, biased perceptions and the truly distributive aspects of bargaining can work
against integrative agreements.
Must manage both the context and process in order to gain the cooperation and commitment.
Create a free flow of information
Insufficient time to planning cause negotiation to fail
Negotiators fail to set clear goals - enter negotiation with a vague or incomplete sense of what they
Negotiators fail to set clear objectives or targets that serve as benchmark for evaluating
Ch.3 - Strategy and Tactics of Integrative Negotiation
- past experience, biased perceptions and the truly distributive aspects of bargaining can
work against integrative agreements.
- Must manage both the context and process in order to gain the cooperat
Involving analysis and communication that everyone can learn.
1. Be Prepared
Negotiators who are better prepared have numerous advantages including understanding their own
interests and BATNA, analyzing the other partys oers more eectively and eciently, u
Ch.4 - Negotiation: Strategy and Planning
- Insufficient time to planning cause negotiation to fail
- Negotiators fail to set clear goals - enter negotiation with a vague or incomplete sense of
what they want.
- Negotiators fail to set clear objectives or
Ch.6 - Perception, Cognition, and Emotion
- Perception, cognition, and emotion are the basic building blocks of all social encounters,
- Social action are guided by how we perceive, analyze and feel about the other party, the
Ch.2 - Strategy and Tactics of Distributive Bargaining
- Target point - point at which a negotiator would like to conclude negotiations.
- Both parties to a negotiation should establish their starting, target and resistance points
before beginning negotia
Ch.1 - The Nature of Negotiation
People negotiate all the time.
Negotiation happens almost daily, and on almost everyone.
How do negotiation occurs?
- Agree on how to share or divide a limited resources (e.g. land, money, time)
- Create something new th
SHOCKING: This Should Terrify Americans
BABA Stock: Is This Bad News for
ANNOUNCEMENT Our New York Conference lineup is now complete! Check it out here.
Alibaba is building its Alipay payments
service into the PayPal of the East
by KAYLENE HONG Tweet 17 Oct '13, 06:32am in ASIA
By David Linthicum
Cloud wars: China's deep-pocketed
Alibaba takes on AWS
InfoWorld | Aug 7, 2015
China's Alibaba Group Holding last week said it would invest $1 bi
(a).Total workforce= 36040+40995+29500+20108+9663+1992=138,298
Age last birthday on Number
of Ten yeas Exit ratio
Countries of Origin
Protection and awareness
Sexual industry 7
Country of destination
Low labour rate 7
21st century Human Trafficking
2.0 Human trafficking
2.2 Trafficking victims
2.3 Sex slave trafficking
2.4 The trend of human trafficking
3.0 The causes of human trafficking
3.1 Poverty that seek for better
Establishment of Golden Coast
Nous Group interactive case study
Bold ideas | Engaging people | Influential, enduring solutions
Nous Group interactive case study
Establishment of Golden Coast Tech |
This page is intentionally blank.
This two-party negotiation is an ideal introductory negotiation role-play to raise issues of assumptions, winwin/win-lose, competition/collaboration, interests/positions, single-/multi-issue, positions/options. Two companies,
SuperPharma and P