Activity 11 The Major Scale
* I am responsible for knowing how to construct a Major Scale beginning on any note.
Examine the pattern of tones and semitones in the scale below:
The formula (pattern of tones and semitones) for the Major Scale is _ _ _ _ _ _
Activity 8 Families of Instruments
* I am responsible for knowing the families of instruments in the concert band.
Place the following instruments into the categories below:
trombone, snare drum, flute, bass clarinet, alto saxophone, triangle, teno
Activity 7 Rests
* I am responsible for all rests, from the whole rest to the sixteenth rest.
Number of beats
1. Answer the following with one rest:
Activity 1 Note Naming
*I am responsible for knowing all the notes in the treble and bass clefs, including ledger lines.
1. Identify all notes on this grand staff (Use capital letters only).
2. Name these notes.
3. Name these notes.
4. Place these
Does Musics Song Lyrics have Negative Effects?
Partner Names Anne Wenstrom and Mary Wenstrom
I. Do song lyrics have a negative effect on adolescent behavior?
A. If children are becoming more violent in behavior, then one of the causes is
from Violent mess
Activity 13 Key Signatures 2
* I am responsible for being able to write Major Scales in two ways with accidentals or with key signatures.
The order of sharps is
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
The order of flats is
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
The relationship of the order of sharps to t
Activity 10 Tones and Semitones
* I am responsible for knowing the definitions of semitones and tones, and being able to recognize and
write them on the stave.
1. Name the note that is a semitone above each of the fo
Activity 12 Key Signatures
* I am responsible for knowing all Major Scales and their key signatures.
Practice writing all 7 sharps in their correct order: FCGDAEB
Write each scale using the formula T T S T T T S. Then place the correct key sign
Activity 9 Semitones and the Chromatic Scale
* I am responsible for knowing the chromatic scale
A chromatic scale contains every possible note between two notes an octave apart. There are 12 different
notes in a chromatic scale, each one a semitone
Activity 6 Metre
* I am responsible for knowing about the organization of time into units, called metre.
The two numbers at the beginning of a piece of music are very important, as they indicate how time is organized
throughout the music. Units cal
Activity 5 Note Values
* I am responsible for knowing all note values from the whole note to the sixteenth note.
1. Write one note equal to the following:
Activity 4 Italian Terms
* I am responsible for knowing all the Italian terms we have used in performance.
Activity 2 Flats and Sharps
* I am responsible for knowing flats, sharps and naturals and how they function in music.
2. Draw at least 8 flats in the stave below. Place each one on a different line or spa
Activity 3 Symbols and Rests
* I am responsible for recognizing the musical symbols we have used in performance and knowing their
Sign used for repeat
(as in D.S.)
Essentials of Music Theory Test
Volume 1, Unit 1 Questions
The note names of the five lines in the treble clef from bottom to top are:
a) E F G A B
b) F A C E G
c) E G B D F
d) G B D F A
e) B D F A C
The note names of the four spaces in the tr
History and Philosophy of Education, 12:00PM
Music Education (Choral)
Essentialism and Progressivism
The first day I walked into my high school choir room, my choir teacher asked the
students to write down a list of 100 things that they wanted to accompli
Through the centuries, music has grown to be an important part of human life.
Regardless of the source, music flows naturally if a person allows it to. The passion as
well as creativity in music is evident in the classical compositions performed with a
A while ago Thom Yorke and the rest of Radiohead got some
attention when they pulled their recent record from Spotify.
A number of other artists have also been in the news, publicly
complaining about streaming music services (Black Keys, Aimee
Mann and Da
Stephen Beattie - 62A Bop/Bebop Jazz Music Essay Bebop music evolved during the 1940's
and it was later associated with what was known as modern jazz, due to many aspects of
bebop being continued later into the 50's, 60's etc. In comparison to previous st
The Power of Music and Its Affects On People Hearing is a psychological process involving
the ears, brain, body, and nervous system. Music, like all sound energy, can drive changes in
the human mind and body as one listens to it. Music can be
Music has been used in this world we live to help our souls to cope with many challenges
that we face on a daily basis. We Are the World is a song and charity single. It was
originally recorded by super group USA for Africa and written by the Michael Jack
Everyone knows that music can set the mood in various settings. Music also
has the power to help in studying for some, and even sleeping, or both for
people like me. Music plays a bit of a bigger role for me, it was one of the
main factors that helped me
The best part of music
Dark, solitude, sadness, hope, anger, waste, race, fear, dirt, respect, and death
are some of the definitions for the word black. Black is the association with
demons, witches, the devil, and it symbolizes evil characters and crimin
New to music
Music has been an object of wonder, amazement, and even fear since the
beginning of its existence. It has been used as a tool to shape culture and
society throughout history and continues to do so with no signs of waning. New
musical genres a
Why study music:
Student Learning Outcomes The objectives of this course
1. Develop a basic understanding of the historical roots of
music education in America, cultures and time periods,
and to draw conclusions about various movements,
Creating Centers for
Musical Play and Exploration
Kristen M. Kemple, Jacqueline J. Batey, Lynn C. Hartle
Music is in the air in Ms. Violas Head Start classroom. She has a large collection of CDs, most of which
were recorded specifically for chi
Evidencing Transferable Skills in Undergraduate
1.1 The notion of transferable skills in Higher Education has been well documented
and continues to be an important feature in a students development during an
Athens Journal of Education
A Model of Formative Assessment
in Music Education
By Urban Kordes
Barbara Sicherl Kafol
Ada Holcar Brunauer
Qualitative research has provided insight into how students
experience and perceive the learning process