MathJOZZOix Test 1 Spring 2017 C3521? 3 99)
In order to receive full credit, you must Show all of your work and make your
methods clear. A correct answer without required explanation will not receive
1. (10 P
2.1 Angles and Their Measure
1. Express 60 in radians.
2. Express 2
3 radinas in degrees.
3. Find the arc length s and area A in the following figure.
4. An object is traveling around a circle with a radius of 2 meters. If in 20 seconds the object
3.4 Sum and Difference Formulas
1. Find the exact value of each expression by using sum and difference formulas. Do not use a
(a) sin 12
(b) tan 15
2. Prove each identity.
(a) sin( + ) + sin( ) = 2 sin cos
(b) cos( + ) + cos( )
Math-1022-01X Review exercises for the second
2.6 Graphs of the Sine and Cosine Functions
(page 173-174) Exercise # 21, 23, 47, 53, 59, 69, 71
2.7 Graphs of the Tangent, Cotangent , Cosecant,
and Secant Functions
(page 183) Exercise # 17, 21, 35, 39
Math-1022-01X Review exercises for the fourth test
1. Solve each triangle.
(a) a = 2, b = 2, c = 2
(b) a = 3, b = 4, C = 40
Answers: (a) A = 60 , B = 60 , C = 60
(b) c 2.57, A 48.6 , B 91.4 .
2. Find the area of each triangle.
(a) b = 1, c = 3, A = 80
Texas A&M University
Mathematics Practice Placement Exam
1. Find the x and y intercepts for the function f (x) = x3 9x.
2. Find the domain of:
(a) f (x) = x2 4x + 5
(b) g(t) = ln(4t 3)
(c) h(x) = 3
x + 3x2 x 3
3. Simplify the expression. Write your answ
Instructions. Answer each of the questions on your own paper. Put your name on each
page of your paper. Be sure to show your work so that partial credit can be adequately
assessed. Credit will not be given for answers (even correct ones) with