Marketing 300 Quiz 10
1. The nutrition label on a package is an example of persuasive labeling.
2. All sales have an implied warranty under the Uniform Commercial Code.
3. The consumer product classification system is based on:
Having your makeup done by a makeup artist is one example of a
service. This service is intangible because it is a performance of an
individual. Experience quality is an important factor because the service
must be performed in order for it to be evaluate
1. The purpose of market segmentation is to:
a. develop a generalized definition of the market as a whole
b. enable the marketer to tailor marketing mixes to meet the needs of one
or more specific groups
c. reduce the market down to a size the firm can ha
1. Which of the following statements about advertising is true?
a. Advertising is any form of communication in which the sponsor is identified.
b. Innovative media are not used in advertising.
c. The total costs of advertising are typically low.
d. The co
1. While the sales of the Apple iPhone have been great from the beginning, when
Apple released its iPhone 4S and cut the price of the iPhone 4 from $399 to
$199, sales exploded with one million sales of the iPhone 4 in the first weekend.
Demand for the iP
Marketing 300 Quiz 1
1. A company that wants to implement a market orientation would need to:
a. do research on its customers, competitors, and markets
b. determine how to deliver superior customer value
c. establish and maintain mutually satisfying relat
Marketing 300 Quiz 3
1. Ethical questions range from narrowly defined issues to broader philosophical, social questions.
_ are the rules people develop as a result of cultural values and norms.
Marketing 300 Quiz 2
1. Briggs & Stratton is a company that makes small engines. The company is looking at customer trends,
its competitors, and the economy to see if there are any threats or opportunities on the horizon. It has
also examined its producti
Marketing 300 quiz 8
1. To be useful, a segmentation scheme must produce segments that meet four basic criteria. The
a. segmentability, targetability, reliability and validity, and homogeneity
b. tangibility, inseparability, nonperishability
Marketing 300 quiz 5
1. The form of global organization that provides the highest potential for return on investment as well as
the highest level of risk is contract manufacturing.
2. Basketball is played nearly everywhere in the world and is a
Marketing 300 Quiz 7
1. Which of the following statements about buying centers is true?
a. The most efficient buying centers have no more than five members.
b. No one individual should assume more than two buying center roles.
c. Buying centers are clearl
Marketing 300 quiz 4
1. Which type of research is also called pure research and attempts to expand the frontiers of knowledge
but is not aimed at a specific, pragmatic problem?
2. If you were to a
Marketing 300 quiz 6
1. Dr Field has to have a Diet Coke for breakfast. At a breakfast meeting, he was offered coffee and
refused. He only wanted a Diet Coke. This illustrates that Dr Field's needs Diet Coke to:
a. satisfy a want
b. satisfy a need
Marketing 300 quiz 9
1. Information collected for the first time for the purpose of solving a particular problem under
investigation is called _ data.
2. Which type of error occurs when
Chapter 1: Why Marketing Matters to You
1.1 The Value of Marketing: an organizational function that consists of three components
1. Creating Value: perceived benefits known as customer value
Monetary & Non-Monetary
Make a home safe (ADT)