April 25, 2016
Principles of Management TR: 9:30am 10:45am
Instructor: Dr. Harrell
Chapter 3 Discussion Questions
1. Communicating and trying to have a clear understanding with people who have
opposite intentions as you are both usually hard
Southern University at New Orleans
College of Business and Public Administration
Department of Computer Information Systems
CISP 633 -01
Applied Project Management
Instructor: Dr. G.S. Alijani
Term Paper Report (Paper-2)
Name: _ALIJANI /SOLUTION_
1- Define a project.
It is a unique activity.
Has a beginning and has an end a definite end.
Has constraints and requirements.
Scope, Cost, Schedule, Resources, Performance, Value
Name: Kelvin E. Ezeanya
MGIS 604 HW-4 CH-5 MO-4
Define a strategy process model for e-business. Be brief and precise.
A strategy process model is a framework for achieving e-business strategy development.
1) An example of a project is an accounting clerk entering journal entries.
2) A project has a beginning and an end.
3) Based on research cite
HW-2 CH-6 Textbook
MODIFY and Use the Answer Sheet to Complete Your Answers
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Information to develop a project network is collected from the
A. Organization breakdown structure
G.S. Alijani, 9/27/2016
Name Ebai Etchu-Takang
Term Paper-1 (P1)
Due: 10-2-2016 Submit through the Moodle
Instructor: Dr. G.S. Alijani
Your report SHOULD BE submitted through the Mood
Name: Tasie Udochukwu
1. The buy-side e-commerce is the transaction where an organization buys needed resources
from its suppliers, while the sell-side e-commerce is a transaction where an organization sell
101 Goldenwood Drive, Slidell
Group 1: Afzal, Johnson, and Morrison
How much house can I afford?
Income: $35,000 per
$ 2,916 monthly
No debt payments!
and taxes estimated at
$3800 per year
I can afford to pay about
$ 733 max per
Name: _ Date: _
1. How many possible outcomes would there be if three coins were tossed once?
2. If a sportscaster makes an educated guess as to how well a team will do this season, he
is using what type of probability?
A) classical pr
You can create printable tests and worksheets from these Grade 6 Properties of Matter questions! Select
one or more questions using the checkboxes above each question. Then click the add selected questions
to a test button before moving to another page.
1) If inflation rate is expected to be relatively high, then interest rate will tend to be
relatively low. TRUE FALSE
2) The coefficient of variation, calculated as the standard deviation of expected returns
divided by the expected
A study of 65 bolts of carpet showed that their average length was 76.2 yards. The standard
deviation of the population is 2.6 yards. Which of the following is the 80% confidence
interval for the mean length per bolt of carpet?
Imagine a normal distributi
1. What is (are) the most important problem(s) facing The Wallace Group?
2. What recommendation(s) would you (as a consultant) make to Mr. Wallace,
and in what order of priorities?
3. How do you educate a Stage I manager (entrepreneur
1. What are the strengths and weaknesses of Yahoo.
2. What are the opportunities and threats facing Yahoo.
3. What are the strategic factors facing Yahoo.
4. Does Yahoo have any core competencies?
If yes, what are they?
5. Does Yahoo have a distinctive co
1. What are the strengths and weaknesses of Panera?
2. What are the opportunities and threats facing Panera?
3. What are the strategic factors facing Panera?
4. Does Panera have any core competencies? If yes, what are they?
5. Does Panera have a distincti
1. What opportunities and threats face Marvel?
2. What are Marvels strengths and weaknesses?
3. Does Marvel have any core competencies?
were they developed?
If yes, what are they?
4. Does Marvel have a distinctive competency? If so
1) What is an executive type? What is their significance to strategy?
2) What is executive succession? Discuss the hiring of insiders versus outsiders.
3) What are some of the approaches a company can take to identify and prepare its people for
1) List Schilit's short checklist of items to examine for red flags.
2) What ratios are recommended for financial ratio analysis?
3) What are constant dollars and why are they important?
4) What are common-size statements?
5) What is the Z-value?
1) List the five step feedback model of the evaluation and control process.
2) Distinguish between behavior and output controls. Provide examples of each.
3) What is the most commonly used measure of corporate performance (in terms of profits).
4) What is
1) What is strategy implementation? What questions must strategy makers consider to begin the
2) What is the matrix of change? What types of questions does it answer?
3) What is synergy? According to Goold and Campbell, what are th
1) What is a functional strategy?
2) Distinguish between a market development and a product development strategy.
3) What does a financial strategy examine?
4) Give an example of a technological leader and a technological follower.
5) Discuss W. Edward De
1) Discuss the two characteristics that determine the sustainability of a firm's distinctive
2) Define a value chain and the significance of the center of gravity.
3) Discuss the three basic organizational structures.
4 What are the two distin
Chapter 1 Basic Concepts in Strategic Management
1) What are the benefits of strategic management?
2) Define globalization and identify the role of strategic management in globalization.
3) What are the four main activities of a learning organization?
1. The goal or mission preferred will be major donors mission. The major donor thinks the
museum should be a major community resource. They gave money for the new building
with expectation that the museum will promote visits from the public schools in the
1. The only one I have knowledge about is Pepsi and Frito Lay. This was very successful because it
added additional value to the existing resources, which provided a big boost to their bottom line.
This allowed them to get more of the market power from ot
1. I would try to setup a lunch meeting to discuss how to move the business partnership forward. I
would ask him why is he looking for other work? How can we resolve whatever issues he has
going on? If we cant resolve the issue how do we dissolve the part
Week 1 Assignment 2
1. Is Summit Software a gazelle? Support your answer.
Yes, I would say that Summit Software is a Gazelle because according to the
books definition of a gazelle, its a business establishment with at least 20 perc
Week 2 Assignment 2
1. Is the recommendation of the marketing vice president legal? Is it ethical? Why or
why not? The marketing vice president has recommended that production continue
using the substitute fur. While this is not il