Sample Exam 4 Questions
1. Ancient societies did not have prisons. They used other forms of punishment such as:
a. public humiliation
b. corporal punishment
d. all of the above
2. In colonial America, the primary form
Criminology Test 2
Criminal lawthe body of law that governs what makes certain behaviors crimes
and how allegations of criminal behavior are handled by the criminal justice system
History of criminal law
o Code of Hammurabiancient Babylon, set o
Sample Exam 3 Questions
1. The _ is the first step in criminal proceedings.
c. grand jury
d. preliminary hearing
2. Gideon vs. Wainright reversed _ and made states provide legal counsel to
Sample Exam 2 Questions
1. During the 11th and 12th centuries, England developed a system of common law that consists
of a combination of _.
a. legislative statutes
b. royal decisions
c. judicial rulings
d. local values and mores
Sample Exam 1 Questions
1. In criminal justice the sociological perspective is important because of its:
a. uncontested explanation of crime and crime causation.
b. debunking motif.
c. attention to demographics and stratification.
social sciences are different than other sciences because they have different
causationwhen you say there is a cause in social science you insinuate that
there is a certain condition that you believe raises odds of something happening,