Tell all the Truth but tell it Slant Emily Dickinson
Not only have I always had trouble distinguishing between what happened and what
merely might have happened, I remain unconvinced that the distinction, for my purposes,
matters. Joan Didion
1. Think of natural phenomena that you consider beautiful or intriguing the way that autumn
leaves are. Research the biological, geological or other natural process that produces it.
Write an essay in which you explain the technical aspects of the natural
Recall an event in your life that changed your perception of yourself. Write a
reflective narrative in which you use Walkers method of chronologically arranged
episodes, including reflections on the time before the change, the change itself, and
Hybrid Paper Assignment
(Approximately 4-5 pages double spaced in 12 point font)
Your analysis paper aspired to view one text through the lens of another. Your argument paper aimed to
define the they say of public debate and advance your point of view. Th
How to Write a Critique
The critical review is a writing task that asks you to summarize and evaluate a text.
The critical review can be of a book, a chapter, or a journal article. Writing the
critical review usually requires you to read the selected text
Analysis of The Rules of Attraction by Bret Easton Ellis, Worksheet
1. Briefly summarize the plot of this novel.
2. What, in your opinion, are the pertinent themes of The Rules of Attraction?
3. What literary devices and techniques does the author
Research Proposal Assignment
In this assignment you will describe the topic that you researched in your annotated bibliography.
You will then state what further research might be appropriate on the topic or what questions
have opened up for you as a resul
Pop Quiz on Revision Chapter of Nuts and Bolts
Correct the Following Sentences
1. Deception runs through Measure for Measure, the Duke sets the tone by pretending to be
2. Employees, vested in the pension plan, had more control over their money