CI-[EM 107 Study guide for chapters 7, 8 & 9
Dene the fbllowing terms:
-Heisenberg uncertainty principle
-Radial distribution function
Pauli exclusion principle
Hunds rule of maximum mul
November 22, 2016
BIOL 351Microscope ID
*Study these for quiz next Tuesday, November 29, 2016
1. Schistosoma mansoni
a. Male and female
1. Thicker but shorter (up to 10 mm)
2. Body groove called gynaecophoral canal
3. 6-9 testes
a. male genital po
Reactions of Copper and Use of Common Laboratory Techniques
The overall purpose for the Reactions of Copper lab was to perform a series of experiments
that started with Copper (II) Carbonate (CuCO3) and ended with copper (Cu) as the resu
Determine the mass, density, and volume of four different entities through measurements.
1. An analytical balance was used to weigh the objects and determine their masses.
2. Once the mass was found, volumes of the obj
Freezing Point Depression
Measure the freezing point depression constant of acetic acid and use it to determine the molar mass of an
Two test tubes were labeled A and B.
Then a 600mL beaker
Solubility of Potassium Nitrate
Determine the solubility of KNO3 w/ increase temperature.
1. Add 300mL of water and three boiling chip to a 400mL beaker.
2. Place the beaker on a hot plate and heat until water is boiling.
3. In a
Inorganic Chemical Reactions
Perform a series of chemical reactions between two compounds and observe precipitate
1. A results sheet with the listed compounds was used to track which compounds
were to be mixed.
Obtain an anhydrous salt and water from decomposition of a hydrate.
1. Two empty crucibles were heated up to remove all traces of water for weight accuracy.
2. The masses of two empty crucibles were measured
Synthesis of Alum
Synthesize alum from aluminum and calculate the percent yield
1. Combined 10mL of KOH and a torn strip of aluminum in a 150mL beaker
2. Heated the beaker on a hot plate for about 5 minutes until aluminum dissolve
Chapter 3 Practice Test
Old Test Questions
1. In the following acid-base reaction, the indicated molecule is a(n) _ .
c) conjugate acid
d) conjugate base
2. What is/are the product(s) of the following acid-base mechanism?
How to write a proper lab report
1. Never write in your lab notebook in pencil.
2. Never write on the back of a page. You must only write on the front of the each
3. Never write in first or second person in a lab report. You must alwa
Biology 457(G) MWF 10-11 Bld219
Advanced Cell Biology
Glen M. Watson, Ph.D.
Oliver 201 8:00-1:00 T,R or by appt.
This course aims to examine life at its most fundamental level. The textbook is Cell
Biology by Pollard and Earnsh
Test Guide for Exam 1
Introduction / Basic Issues / Theories / Methods
Definition of development
Understand the basic issues of Child Development, name the representative
theoretical figures for each perspective and their views
o Nature vs. Nurture
Dr. Jean M. Standard
Problem Set 3 Solutions
(a) One mole of an ideal gas at 298 K is expanded reversibly and isothermally from 1.0 L to 10 L.
Determine the amount of work in Joules.
We start with the basic definition of work,
Pext dV .
Problem Set 3 Solutions
Assume that all gases are perfect and that data refer to 298.15 K unless otherwise stated.
1. Calculate the change in entropy when 25 kJ of energy is transferred reversibly and isothermally as heat to
a large block of iro