19.1 Multiple-Choice and Bimodal Questions
Use the table below to answer the questions that follow.
1) The value of S for the
catalytic hydrogenation of
acetylene to ethene,
C 2 H 2 (g) H 2 (g) C 2 H 4 (g)
is _ J/K mol.
24.1 Multiple-Choice and Bimodal Questions
1) The coordination numbers of cobalt(III) and of chromium(III) in their complexes are always _.
Page Ref: Sec. 24.1
2) The coordination number of platinum in complexes
20.1 Multiple-Choice and Bimodal Questions
1) The gain of electrons by an element is called _.
Page Ref: Sec. 20.1
2) _ is reduced in the following reaction:
21.1 Multiple-Choice and Bimodal Questions
1) What percentage of electricity generated in the U.S. is from commercial nuclear plants?
Page Ref: Ch. 21 Intro.
2) By what process does thorium-230 decay to
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Friday, April 11, 2014
Please read this before you start the exam
This examination consists of 10 questions, each one of which is worth 10 points.
You must show your work on each problem with the corre
Partner: Dustin Bell
Colligative properties are defined as properties that are dependent on the amount of
solute present in a solvent. The four col
The EEOC has the power to file a lawsuit against an employer for the
violation of one of the laws the EEOC administers.
Byars - Chapter 03 #1
Employers with 10 or more employees must annually file the Employer
16.1 Multiple-Choice and Bimodal Questions.
1) What is the conjugate acid of
NH 3 ?
E) NH 4 OH
Page Ref: Sec. 16.2
2) The conjugate base of
HSO 4 is _.
B) H 2 SO 4
SO 4 2
D) HSO 4
E) H 3 SO 4
14.1 Multiple-Choice and Bimodal Questions
1) Consider the following reaction:
The average rate of appearance of B is given by B
t . Comparing the rate of appearance of B and the rate of disappearance of A, we get
[B] t _( [A] t)
17.1 Multiple Choice and Bimodal Questions
1) The pH of a solution that contains 0.818 M acetic acid ( K a
1.76 105 ) and 0.172 M sodium acetate is _.
Page Ref: Sec. 17.1
2) Consider a soluti
Homework 15 (from material in chapters 9 and 10 of the text) i '
Due: Monday, April 14, 2008
1. Based on their MO diagrams, ll in the following table for the indicated species. aa Jere!
* If stable, ' ' d W3
number of number of bond stable or etic M
11.1 Multiple Choice and Bimodal Questions
1) Based on molecular mass and dipole moment of the five compounds in the table below, which should have the highest boiling point?
CH 3CH 2CH 3
B) CH 3OCH 3
C) CH 3Cl
D) CH 3CHO
E) CH 3CN
13.1 Multiple Choice and Bimodal Questions
1) The process of solute particles being surrounded by solvent particles is known as _.
Page Ref: Sec. 13.1
2) Pairs o
15.1 Multiple-Choice and Bimodal Questions
1) The value of
K eq for the equilibrium
H 2 (g) I 2 (g) 2 HI (g)
is 794 at 25 C. What is the value of
K eq for the equilibrium below?
1/ 2H 2 (g) 1/ 2I 2 (g) HI (g)
1. Human resource management (HRM) encompasses those activities designed to
provide for and coordinate the human resources of an organization.
2. The Human Resource (HR) function in an organization represents one of the