Exercises 6.1 CPT130 Visual Basic
6. They appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show in February 1964. You answered the
question correctly in 3 tries. (Final of the 3 pop up boxes)
8. Never Ending Loop (This actually took me 5 attempts of the program no
Exercises 5.2 CPT130 Visual Basic
2. Call me Ishmael.
4. 144 times in a gross
6. The number of us senators is 100
The answer is 9W
What is the question?
Do you spell your name with a V,
168 hours in a week
76 trombones in the big parade
Exercises 5.1 CPT130 Visual Basic
2. You can park about 500 cars.
10. A average
dim len as integer
len = should not appear
14. Public Class Form1
Private Sub btnCalc_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btnCalc.Click
Exercises 4.4 CPT130 Visual Basic
2. The check box will be checked
4. When the box is checked, it displays Vanilla
6. Whatever is in the lstbox will be displayed in the text box
8. The radio button will be selected/filled
10. checkbox1.checked = false
Exercises 4.3 CPT130 Visual Basic
2. case 2, case 1, case 3
4. Incorrect. At age 43, he was the youngest person elected president.
Correct. He became president at age 42 when President McKinley was
6. Hi. Hi.
8. 5; 4 (int is not valid)
Exercises 4.2 CPT130 Visual Basic
4. Your change contains 3 dollars.
6. The first step is that a box pops up asking you how long (in minutes) the
call was (I put in 2), giving the outcome of the display to show Cost of
8. The first
Exercises 3.2 CPT130 Visual Basic
10. Fred has 2 children.
12. 76 trombones
28. I came to Cassablanca for the water. Must have
Exercises 2.3 CPT130 Visual Basic
2. The word Hello shows up in red
4. The word Hello appears, but Goodbye does not
6. The word Hello appears on a yellow background
8. The word Hello appears in the lblOne with a white background
10. lblOne disappears enti
Chapter 12 Pg497 Networking Essentials
1. Social engineering, password cracking, packet sniffing, vulnerable
software, viruses, worms, malware and DoS attacks.
2. Calls a user of a network and claims he is from computer support division
of the network.
Chapter 11 Pg460 Networking Essentials
1. Address Resolution Protocol
2. The purpose of the ARP request is to resolve addresses, allowing access to
networks, computers, domains, etc.
3. Internet Control Message Protocol
4. Part of the ICMP protocol that r
Chapter 10 Pg433 Networking Essentials
3. The telecommunications carriers switched network used to transport data to
its destination; also used to describe the interconnected networks on the
4. A fractional T1 or T3 li
Chapter 9 Pg389 Networking Essentials
1. A routing table is a set of rules, often viewed in table format, which is
used to determine where data packets traveling over an Internet Protocol (IP)
network will be directed
2. The default gateway
3. sh ip route
Chapter 8 Pg348 Networking Essentials
1. A group of host computers and servers that are configured as if they are in
the same LAN even if they reside in separate LANs
2. port, tag, protocol-based
4. Security and cost
5. Host computers connected to s
Chapter 7 Pg317 Networking Essentials
1. Inputting commands and configuring devices such as routers.
2. Cisco internet operating system, the operating software used in all Cisco
3. Any broadcast sent out on the network is seen by all hosts in thi
Chapter 6 Pg275 Networking Essentials
Application, Transport, Internet, Network Interface
Ports 1 1023 that are reserved by ICANN
a. Telnet 23
b. HTTP 80 (Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
c. FTP 20, 21 (File Transfer Protocol)
Chapter 5 Pg229 Networking Essentials
1. A networking device that uses the MAC address to forward data and
interconnect two LANs
2. A section of a network separated by bridges, switches and routers.
3. MAC addresses and port locations for hosts connected
Chapter 4- Pg189 Networking Essentials
User mobility in the workplace.
A cost-effective networking media for use in areas that are difficult or too
costly to wire.
Medium Access Control (MAC)
MAC management protocols and services
Chapter 3- Pg147 Networking Essentials
A fiber-optic transmission strand
A source of invisible infrared radiation usually an LED or a solid-state
A photosensitive detector to convert the optical signal back into the
Efficient optical con
Chapter 1- Pg48 Networking Essentials
2. Network interface card
3. Media Access Control
4. Local Area Network
5. Wide Area Network
6. Set of rules established for users to exchange information
7. Architecture of a network
CPT147 Chapter 3
Reviewing the Basics
Provides a user interface, manages files, manages hardware, and manages applications.
Automatically maximizes the window
Right-click the program and select Pin to Tas