1. Commercial foodservice operations typically operate with the premise that they will be a
revenue generating establishment. Foodservice outlets whose primary goal may not be to
generate revenue are typically referred to as a noncommercial foodservice es
1. The most common classification is by price or rate (budget, midscale, luxury, boutique), location
(urban, suburban, airport, destination), room type (standard rooms, suites, vacation condo
units), market (business or leisure), size (megaresort, large,
1. Riviera, main, lobby, atlantic, promenade, upper, empress, verandah, lido, panorama, forward
spa, aft spa, sun, sky.
2. Hospitality students with a degree can aspire to some of the better positions on a cruise ship.
The top position in the rooms depart
1. Attractions are the places we visit and the things we do while we are traveling for leisure.
2. These expenditures provide economic benefits, such as employment for the local residents, who
in turn use their wages to generate additional economic activi
1. Outdoor recreational facilities such as, golf, swimming, tennis, horseback riding, and others.
2. Some offer food and beverage only, indoor sports, and overnight accommodations.
3. Military clubs cater to the enlisted man, the noncommissioned officer,
1. Meetings are held to conduct business, others to engage in a social ritual. Conventions are a
special type of meeting held in a specific location, often comprised of meetings and
presentations, and a trade show or exhibition.
2. Trade show is an event
1. It needs to look visually appealing. If it does not look good from the outside or inside people will
not trust that the food is better.
2. Landscape, in side equipment, and in side structure
3. This is the attractiveness from the outside of the busines
1. Alcohol is a legalized drug that can very much alter a persons perception of reality.
2. In-house training can help ensure that the staff is properly equipped to handle situations that
3. It draws a crow, people want to be able you go
1. Mastering leadership and technology systems, communications skills, they must enjoy the work
because of the long working hours and holidays.
2. The French contributions is important, because they codified western cuisine, developed
standard cooking and