I would like you to introduce yourself to the group as your first assignment. The purpose of doing so is to introduce yourself so that others can get to know you individually, and you can share with others why you think communication is worth studying and how it might be helpful to you.
Complete this Learning Styles Quiz:
Once you have completed the quiz, click here to read about what your learning style indicates about the way you learn:
Click on the Discussion Board link above to access the Introductions and Learning Style Discussion Forum. Click Create Thread to compose a short post that includes the following information. Do not attach a word file. The following information should be placed in the message box:
- Your name, major, your college and/or campus, whether you are a full time or part time student, your career or job information and what you hope to do when your degree is complete. Then share with the class something unique about yourself. Select something you think your classmates would enjoy knowing about you.
- Add a photo of yourself. Please following the directions on Inserting a Picture in Blackboardto add your picture to your post.
- Why do you think this class is required for your major?
- Define in your own words what you think “communication” is, and why it might be important to study.
- Post the results of your learning style. Do you think the results of your learning style are accurate? Are you surprised at the result?
- Based on your learning style, name at least one way that you can change the way you approach learning in an online class (versus a face-to-face class) to help you be more successful.
- Original Post (15 pts.)
- Reply to at least 2 Classmate (5 pts.)
Licenses and Attributions