Objective: Define evolution.
Use this page to check your understanding of the content.
Study Guide Questions
- Allele frequency
- Evolutionary tree (aka cladogram)
- Common ancestor
- Gene pool
- Compare and contrast “species” and “populations”.
- Compare and contrast microevolution and macroevolution.
- What is the difference between microevolution and macroevolution? Please don’t just memorize the definitions…be able to APPLY your definitions to different scenarios! For good practice, think of examples of each!
- Relate the concept of a gene pool to evolution.
- Define speciation.
- Be able to calculate the allele frequency of a population given the following information:
25% of the population had the bb genotype
25% had the Bb genotype
50% had the BB genotype,
Licenses and Attributions