Chapter 7: Supporting Your Ideas
By Sarah Stone Watt, Ph.D.
Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Combine multiple forms of evidence to support your ideas.
- Differentiate between the three types of testimony, and know when to use each one.
- Navigate the library holdings and distinguish between the types of information found in each section.
- Evaluate source credibility and appropriateness for your speech.
- Explain plagiarism and implement strategies to avoid it.
- Apply chapter concepts in review questions and activities.
- Personal and Professional Knowledge
- Personal Testimony
- Library Resources
- Full Text Databases
- Internet Resources
- Search Engines
- Defining Search Terms
- Government Documents
- Evaluating Information
- Citing Sources and Avoiding Plagiarism
- Module Activities
Licenses and Attributions