Walt Disney invests a lot of money into its parks, including upgrades as described above. Under SEC Filings, find the 2014 10K report and see two excerpts from Walt Disney’s 2014 Form 10-K: a partial balance sheet (page 66) and a section from the notes to financial statements (page 77).
- What types of plant assets does Walt Disney have?
- What depreciation method does Walt Disney use?
- What is the net book value of all of Walt Disney’s PP&E?
- Give an example of each type of PP&E listed in the Notes excerpt.
- The category of “Furniture, fixtures, and equipment” has a range of estimated life in years from 3 – 25 years. Give an example of a specific asset that might be in this category. What might be its estimated life and why?