General Discussion Instructions
In order to prepare for this assignment, READ the information contained in the document “Salty Pawz Background
You are required to post to this discussion THREE TIMES, on THREE DIFFERENT DAYS. Please refer to the Discussion Grading Rubric for details regarding how your performance will be assessed. NOTE: Please be certain to read the entire discussion assignment since in some cases there is more than one question you need to discuss, respond to, or address. Be sure that you have answered the entire question!
Post 1: Initial Post
This posting should be a minimum of one short paragraph and a maximum of two paragraphs. Word totals for this post should be in the 100–200-word range. Whether you agree or disagree, explain why with supporting evidence and concepts from the readings or a related experience. Include a reference, link, or citation when appropriate.
Wanda is relaxing after a long day of treat baking and turns on her tablet to check Facebook and see what all of her friends have been doing while she has been baking Chicken Cuties. While she is scrolling along, an ad pops up on the side of her page for “Woofables”—The Gourmet Dog Bakery. Wanda is stunned and immediately picks up her phone and starts texting you. Her first text is, “How dare they advertise their dog treats to me?” and the texts go downhill from there. Clearly, Wanda has not done much research regarding how her competition is marketing their products.
- Search the Internet for products that are similar to those sold by Salty Pawz. Google terms like gourmet dog treats, healthy dog biscuits, or gourmet pet treats.
- Select a product that has a Web site associated with it to get sufficient information about the product for your posting. Put yourself in Wanda’s place as though she were researching the competition.
- Evaluate the product you select based on the four Ps of marketing. How is the company using each of the four Ps to market their line of dog treats?
- In your initial post you should include the following:
- Name of the product, name of the company, and the URL for the Web site
- How the company is using EACH of the four Ps to market their line of gourmet dog treats
- What, if anything, can Wanda learn from your research that she can apply to Salty Pawz?
Posts 2 and 3: Respond to Classmates’ Posts
After you have created your initial post, look over the discussion posts of your classmates and give at least two thoughtful responses to two different classmates (one per classmate) as outlined in the Discussion Grading Rubric.
A response posting should be a minimum of one short paragraph. Word totals for these posts should be in the 75–100-word range. Whether you agree or disagree, explain why with supporting evidence and concepts from the readings or a related experience. Include a reference, link, or citation when appropriate. The goal of your response posts is to extend discussions already taking place or pose new possibilities or opinions not previously voiced. Your goal should be to motivate the group discussion and present a creative approach to the topic.
Licenses and Attributions