Can you please solve these three problems so i can know if i am answering them correctly.
ethics challenge from Chapter 10:
Flo Choi owns a small business and manages its accounting. Her company just finished a year in which a large amount of borrowed funds was invested in a new building addition as well as in equipment and fixture additions. Choi's banker requires her to submit semiannual financial statements so he can monitor the financial health of her business. He has warned her that if profit margins erode, he might raise the interest rate on the borrowed funds to reflect the increased loan risk from the bank's point of view. Choi knows profit margin is likely to decline this year. As she prepares year-end adjusting entries, she decides to apply the following depreciation rule: All asset additions are considered to be in use on the first day of the following month. (The previous rule assumed assets are in use on the first day of the month nearest to the purchase date.)
- Identify decisions that managers like Choi must make in applying depreciation methods.
- Is Choi's rule an ethical violation, or is it a legitimate decision in computing depreciation?
- How will Choi's new depreciation rule affect the profit margin of her business?
Recently Asked Questions
- State how a government budget could be used to reduce income inequalities in an economy.
- Required a. Assume that the first lease contract is a capital lease. Prepare the appropriate journal entry for this lease on January 1, 2017. b. Assume the
- What does a yield to maturity of 4.5% represent/mean, is it good or bad?