Can you please solve these three problems so i can know if i am answering them correctly.
ethics challenge from Chapter 10:
Flo Choi owns a small business and manages its accounting. Her company just finished a year in which a large amount of borrowed funds was invested in a new building addition as well as in equipment and fixture additions. Choi's banker requires her to submit semiannual financial statements so he can monitor the financial health of her business. He has warned her that if profit margins erode, he might raise the interest rate on the borrowed funds to reflect the increased loan risk from the bank's point of view. Choi knows profit margin is likely to decline this year. As she prepares year-end adjusting entries, she decides to apply the following depreciation rule: All asset additions are considered to be in use on the first day of the following month. (The previous rule assumed assets are in use on the first day of the month nearest to the purchase date.)
- Identify decisions that managers like Choi must make in applying depreciation methods.
- Is Choi's rule an ethical violation, or is it a legitimate decision in computing depreciation?
- How will Choi's new depreciation rule affect the profit margin of her business?
Recently Asked Questions
- What is the magnitude of your total displacement if you have traveled due west with a speed of 23 m/s for 155 s , then due south at 12 m/s for 225 s ? Express
- On January 1, 2016, when its $30 par value common stock was selling for $80 per share, Shamrock Corp. issued $10,300,000 of 8% convertible debentures due in
- Kelly Corp has leased a mine from which it recently extracted 1,000 kilograms of bauxite (a mineral that can be used to make aluminum). Kelly Corp plans to