A company had the following balances in its stockholders' equity accounts at December 31, 2014:
Common stock, $10 par, 50,000 shares authorized, 20,000 shares issued $200,000
Contributed capital in excess of par value, common 250,000
Retained earnings 500,000
Treasury stock, 1,000 shares (20,000)
Total stockholders' equity $930,000
The following occurred during 2015:
1) February 3 - Sold and issued 3,000 shares of common stock for a sell price of $72 per share.
2) May 10 - Declared a $0.50 per share cash dividend on common stock.
3) October 12 - Sold 500 shares of treasury stock for $20 per share.
4) December 31 - Net income for the year is $75,000.
1) For EACH stockholders' equity account listed above, determine the account balance at December 31, 2XX5. Use the matrix format listed below. Be sure to show your supporting calculations and label them to indicate which numbers in the matrix they are supporting.
Common Stock contributed capital in excess of par retained earnings treasury stock Total
issue common stock
reissue treasury stock
Recently Asked Questions
- Evaluate and discuss the major factors of ethical behavior, how to make an ethical decision, the three models of management ethics and how these influence
- which of the following statement or statements are true? 1-Portfolio X has a higher Sharpe Ratio than Portfolio T 2-Portfolio X has the same Sharpe Ratio as
- 1. Power curves cross-classify the likelihood of detecting any possible effect with the a) level of significance. b) null hypothesis.