I've entered the instructions below. I've attached the outline/template my professor wants me to use in the excel sheet. I have seen others ask questions about this assignment, but the answers have not been helpful. Please explain what numbers you have entered where in the excel spreadsheet and in what order. I am trying to learn how it was done, not just copy how it was done. I also need an explanation of findings in a word document. Thanks in advance.
As a manager, you may be tasked with making recommendations as to how your organization should structure its transfer pricing. This is especially true in cases when both variable or full cost transfer pricing is acceptable, and the choice is not obvious.
For this Assignment, take a moment to review your course text. Reflect on the scenario presented and consider how transfer pricing decisions might apply to organizational decision making.
Phipps manufactures circuit boards in Division A, a country with a 30% income tax rate, and transfers them to Division B, a country with a 40% income tax. An import duty of 15% of the transfer price is paid on all imported products. The import duty is not deductible in computing taxable income. The circuit boards' full cost is $1,000 and variable cost is $700; they are sold by Division B for $1,200. The tax authorities in both countries allow firms to use either variable cost or full cost as the transfer price.
- Part 1: Analyze the effect of both full-cost and variable-cost transfer pricing methods on Phipps' cash flows using a spreadsheet program such as Excel.
- Part 2: Make your recommendation as to how the organization should proceed, being sure to justify your recommendation with examples form this week's resources, and/or additional research. This aspect of the Assignment should use a word processing program such as Word.
Template for Excel part:
Recently Asked Questions
- What are the reasons why the 1998 Human Rights Act was really needed?
- how do I use the fzero function to solve this problem in matlab 2xy-40e^x=0 x^2-y=50 the solution for x lies near 0.
- Use the normal distribution of fish lengths for which the mean is 10 10 inches and the standard deviation is 2 2 inches. Assume the variable x is normally