Calculation of Taxable Earnings and Employer Payroll Taxes and Preparation of Journal Entry
1. Calculate the amount of taxable earnings for unemployment, Social Security, and Medicare taxes.
2. Prepare the journal entry to record the employer's payroll taxes as of September 14, 20--. Round your answers to the nearest cent. If an amount box does not require an entry, leave it blank.
Selected information from the payroll register of Joanie's Boutique for the week ended September 14, 20--, is as follows. Social Security tax is 6.2% on the first $118,500 of earnings for each employee. Medicare tax is 1.45% of gross earnings. FUTA tax is 0.6% and SUTA tax is 5.4% on the first $7,000 of earnings.
Employee NameCumulative Pay
SecurityJordahl, Stephanie $6,680 $1,190 Keesling, Emily6,120 1,060 Palmer, Stefan55,240 2,360 Soltis, Robin54,420 2,240 Stout, Hannah28,810 2,080 Xia, Xu108,050 11,430
Recently Asked Questions
- Consider a square whose sides are of length 1.34m. Three of the corners are occupied by 2.80×10 -6 C charges. Calculate the magnitude of the electric field at
- What does the scientist mean when they say that white blood cells would not be “fast or smart enough if we hadn’t whipped them along by a prior
- This is a Java program using ArrayLists. Develop a program that stores the College’s Students’ information. The program should support the following