Eagle Boys Pizzeria has 49 locations in operation as of today. and they do home delivery service as well. They have annual sales exceeding $100 million Recently it expanded its menu offerings and opened prototypes restaurants specially designed with new features (such as full service bar and a retail counter) that appeal to various customer groups. Each of these advancement has propelled Eagle Boys Pizzeria growth over the past decades. There are 3 ways to order at Eagle:
1. In- store orders are taken by restaurant staff serving patrons dining in one of the restaurant or walking in to place order. Orders are typically entered directly into the system by using computer terminal.
2. Telephone orders - this is called a one number system referring to the convenience of ordering through a single phone number, regardless of the restaurant location nearest the customer
3. Internet orders- a customer must be registered and that can occur during business hours. They are to provide identification that will retain in the system. Repeat customers don't have to go through the same process.
Eagle Boys Pizzeria ordering systems and transaction processing systems are the source of all sales information sent to the accounting department. Restaurant managers prepare daily sales summaries and submit them to the company's administrative offices on the following day. These summaries are transmitted electronically via the intranet and are received in the accounting department. Accounting staff prepare general ledger entries based upon these sales summaries and key the information into the company's accounting software. The transaction processing system provides sales by restaurant for call-in and internet orders, which are reconciled to the restaurant summaries on a daily basis. Once the accounting system is updated and the daily reconciliations are performed, the data is stored in an on-site server. Although there is a lot of information to manage, coming from many different locations, and the capacity of the system is nearly 25 times its current load.
1. Describe how data warehousing and data mining can facilitate reporting and analysis at Eagle Boys Pizzeria?
2. What advantages could Eagle Boys Pizzeria expect by upgrading to an ERP system?
3.As Eagle Boys Pizzeria considers modules to purchase, which 4 or 5 modules do you believe would be most critical? why?
4. Which method of implementation of an ERP system do you suggest for Eagle Boys Pizzeria? why?
5. Recommend 3 ERP systems that would be appropriate for Eagle Boys Pizzeria, be specific with respect to the name of the ERP software system and the provider company. When making these recommendations consider the size of Eagle Boys Pizzeria and therefore, what it might be able to afford.
Recently Asked Questions
- Assume a Normal Distribution with mean µ = 98.7 and IQR = 0.50. Find the standard deviation.
- The mean amount spent by a family of four on food per month is $500 with a standard deviation of $75. Assuming a normal distribution, what is the probability
- Find the value of z such that the area between –z and +z is 98.4% of the total area under the standard normal curve. A. 2.14 B. 2.15 C.