Fearing that market interest rate will ﬂuctuate, Bethlehem with credit rating of Baa decides to engage in an interest rate swaps for
their 100 million variable debt with US steel in January 1, 2017. US steel, with credit rating of A33, has long term ﬁxed debt of $100
million at the time of transaction. According to the swaps contract, Bethlehem will pay 8 percent interest rate to US steel and, in
turn US steel pays T-bill minus 0.25% to Bethlehem steel. At the time of swap transaction bond market quotes the following interest rates for these tow credit ratings on annual basis. Baa Aaa
Fixed 9% 7.5%
Variable T+ 0.25% T 1. Which company is exposed to the market interest rate ﬂuctuation after this transaction? Why?
2. How much do Bethlehem and US steel save interest expenses for 2017 with interest rate swaps contract? Please show your computations.
3. Discuss the impact of this derivative on a. Balance sheet: b. Income statements:
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Section1.1Homework.
- 18. How have viruses made us who we are?/???????
- Cash Conversion Cycle The HDL, Inc. balance sheet and income statement for the year ending 20xx are as follows: Balance Sheet (In millions of Dollars)