5-32 Calculating the Predetermined Overhead Rate, Applying Overhead to Production, Reconciling Overhead at the End of the Year, Adjusting Cost of Goods Sold for Under- and Overapplied Overhead
At the beginning of the year, Horvath Company estimated the following:
Overhead$486,400Direct labor hours95,000
Horvath uses normal costing and applies overhead on the basis of direct labor hours. For the month of January, direct labor hours were 7,830. By the end of the year, Horvath showed the following actual amounts:
Overhead$476,100Direct labor hours93,500
Assume that unadjusted Cost of Goods Sold for Horvath was $707,000.
1. Calculate the predetermined overhead rate for Horvath. Round your answer to the nearest cent.
$ per direct labor hour
2. Calculate the overhead applied to production in January. (Note: Round to the nearest dollar.)
3. Calculate the total applied overhead for the year.
Was overhead over- or underapplied? By how much?
4. Calculate adjusted Cost of Goods Sold after adjusting for the overhead variance.
1$5.12 2 January $40089.6 3 for year... View the full answer
- Good but next time please answer all questions fully as asked. Such as not rounding question 2 to the nearest dollar and question 3 did not have by how much it was over applied.
- May 05, 2018 at 6:42pm
- oh I am sorry and I will be v careful
- May 05, 2018 at 6:48pm