On November 30, 2001, Dr. Smith had a balance of $6,502.88 in his Cash Ledger account. On that date the bank statement indicated a balance of $8,243.75. Comparison of returned checks and bank memoranda revealed the following:
1. Deposits in transit November 30 amounted to $3,407.
2. Outstanding checks at November 30 totaled $2,140.37.
3. The Bank erroneously changed a $950 check of the Barkley Company against Dr. Smith's Bank account.
4. Bank service charges for November amounted to $20.00.
5. The bank collected a note for Dr. Smith for $3,750 plus interest of $250.
6. Included with the returned checks is a memo indicating that J. Martin's (a patient) check for $882 has been returned NSF (bounced)
7. Dr. Smith recorded a $95.50 check (it cleared for $95.50) for supplies as $955.
A. Prepare bank reconciliation for Dr. Smith.
B. Journalize the necessary entires in journal form.
Recently Asked Questions
- What are the major theories and empirical research in literacy regarding how the historical processes have evolved over time?
- A company has projected the following sales for February - July of 2014: February$250,000 March$270,000 April$240,000 May $220,000 June$230,000 July$260,000
- Perform a web search to find services in your own community that would be helpful to patients with Diabetes, hypertension, obesity and with similar genetic