Tana Thorne works in a public accounting firm and hopes to eventually be a partner. The management of Allnet Company invites Thorne bid to audit Allnet's financial statements. In discussing the audit fee, Allnet's management suggests a fee range in which the amount depends on the reported profit of Allnet. The higher its profit, the higher will be the audit fee paid to Thorne's firm.
- Identify the parties potentially affected by this audit and the fee plan proposed.
- What are the ethical factors in this situation? Explain.
- Would you recommend that Thorne accept this audit fee arrangement? Why or why not?
- Describe some ethical considerations guiding your recommendation.
Recently Asked Questions
- Colchicine is a toxin that binds to tubulin proteins and prevents microtubules from polymerizing . What affect might this have on dividing cells ?
- ______ was a book that detailed how insecticides also killed birds .
- The type of soil at a particular site depends on many factors . Which of the following is not a factor influencing the soil type ?