- Discuss the disclosure requirement on accounting policies, and identify at least two (2) examples of the most commonly required disclosure. Explain the key ways in which the examples you provided are useful to financial statement users. Analyze Verizon Communications' disclosure on accounting policies, and give your opinion on whether or not the information is helpful for decision making. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Explain the importance of the management discussion and analysis section of an annual report. Select three (3) items from Verizon's management and discussion analysis of the annual report that could be useful to potential investors. Provide three (3) specific examples of how the three (3) items you selected could influence a potential investor's decision to invest in Verizon.
- Describe segmented information, and explain the way in which companies determine segments. Identify at least three (3) advantages and three (3) disadvantages of segmented financial data. Give your opinion on whether or not the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. Outline the manner in which Verizon segments its financial data. Suggest key actions that Verizon's management can take in order to improve the company's segmented financial data. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Analyze the various types of auditor's reports, and determine the impact that the auditor's report has on a company's ability to obtain financing from a bank. Identify the type of auditor's report issued on Verizon, and speculate the manner in which you believe banks will perceive Verizon's auditor's report.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Recently Asked Questions
- NUSC 468 BASIC STATISTICAL ANALYSIS FALL 2018 ASSIGNMENT 2 (20 points) Directions: Answer all questions and show your work for all calculations. Use whatever
- Find the critical value Z c necessary to form a confidence interval at the level of confidence shown below cequals c= 0.96
- Kazdin, Chapter 9 1. List the two most commonly used multiple-treatment designs a. ______________________ b.